Nonthaburi Palace Hotel
Check-In
Check-Out
Adult
BEST RATE GUARANTEED

Attractions

Koh Kret

Is a district in Nonthaburi. The small island dates only to 1722, when a canal was constructed as a shortcut to bypass a bend in the Om Kret branch of the Chao Phraya River. The island continues to serve as a refuge to the Mon tribes who dominated central Thailand between the 6th and 10th centuries. The best way to reach there is by boat from Central pier (BTS Saphan Taksin). You can also go by Bus and taxi. Ko Kret is renowned above all as a centre for Kwan aman, a style of Mon pottery, which is unglazed terracotta carved with intricate patterns.

 

NONTHABURI

 

Is one of the central provinces of Thailand. Nonthaburi was declared a city in the middle of 16th Century, which was previously a village named Talat Khwan. Located directly northwest on the Chao Phraya river. During the reign of King Prasat Thong, a canal was dug to create a shortcut of the flow of the Chao Phraya. The river changed its flow into the new canal, which is still the riverbed today.Nonthaburi is known for its sightseeing. The major places are Wat Khemaphirataram Rajaworawiharn, Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat Worawih, The Museum of Anthropology, Chaloem Kanchanaphisek Park, The Prathom-Nonthaburi Palace, Wat Saeng Siritham Floating Market and many more.

Floating Market

The floating market is located at the mouth of Khlong Bang Khu Wiang, Amphoe Bang Kruai. It takes about 10 minutes by boat to go to this floating market from Amphoe Bang Kruai. The floating market starts around 5.00 a.m. every day, and finishes when the sun is hot, shortly before mid-day. Sellers bring a large variety of fruits, vegetables and foods along in their small rowing boats. Monks also come in rowing boats and the people will present food to them. The floating market offers pictures of Traditional Thai life scarcely seen nowadays.

 

NONTHABURI

 

Is one of the central provinces of Thailand. Nonthaburi was declared a city in the middle of 16th Century, which was previously a village named Talat Khwan. Located directly northwest on the Chao Phraya river. During the reign of King Prasat Thong, a canal was dug to create a shortcut of the flow of the Chao Phraya. The river changed its flow into the new canal, which is still the riverbed today.Nonthaburi is known for its sightseeing. The major places are Wat Khemaphirataram Rajaworawiharn, Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat Worawih, The Museum of Anthropology, Chaloem Kanchanaphisek Park, The Prathom-Nonthaburi Palace, Wat Saeng Siritham Floating Market and many more. 

Impact, Muang Thong Thani

IMPACT Muang Thong Thani complex consisting of an arena, convention center and exhibition hall in suburban Bangkok, Thailand. It is located in Amphoe Pak Kret, Nonthaburi Province.IMPACT Arena, Exhibitions and Convention Center is currently the 2nd largest exhibition and convention venue in Asia with an indoor floorspace of over 140,000 square m. Its Challenger Hall is currently the world’s largest column free exhibition hall. Each year, the venue hosts over 490 events and welcomes a visitorship of over 15 million.

 

Located in the northern suburban city of Pakkret about 40 km from Bangkok’s central business district, Mueang Thong Thani (Golden City) was established by real-estate developer Bangkok Land in 1989 as a self-contained satellite city with high-rise condominiums and an intended population of around 150,000 people.The project languished in the mid-1990s with the East Asian financial crisis, but was revived in 1998 when Bangkok Land built Mueang Thong Thani Stadium as one of the three stadiums to host the 13th Asian Games. The stadium was expanded and renamed IMPACT Exhibition Center in 1999.

 

IMPACT Convention Center was built in 2000, while expansion of IMPACT Exhibition Center was completed in 2003. The column-free IMPACT Challenger exhibition halls were completed in early 2006. 

 

Spanning 60,000 sq m, the IMPACT Challenger Halls are presently the world’s biggest column-free exhibition halls.

Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat temple

Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat temple is a royal monastery and was constructed under the royal command of King Rama III, which he dedicated to his mother and grandparents who resided in this area. The construction was completed in the reign of King Rama IV. The temple has a combination of architecturally designed Thai and Chinese-style ubosot (chapel), which can be seen in an attractively peaceful temple compound.

 

Located on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River just behind Khwan Market in Nonthaburi is an ancient temple which is exceptionally decorated. It is enclosed with a defensive fortress and masonry wall with battlements, and thus the temple looks similar to the Grand Palace. Their Majesties the King and Queen has received the royal guest, Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra of Kent, and proceeded together to the front of the temple in order to participate in Loy Krathong festival held on the 22nd of November, 1961. In this occasion Her Majesty also contributed the amount of 84,767 baht to fund the temple restoration. Moreover, His Majesty passed a royal remark to the abbot that “[I] used to pass here before and noticed how pleasant the place is, so today we brought a guest over. The temple is one of the magnificent historical sites that is worth preserving in its original condition.”

 

The temple mentioned above is known as “Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat Worawihan”. It was constructed under the royal command of King Rama III when he succeeded the throne and appointed HRH the Princess Mother as Phra Sri Sulalai. Not only that the fort by the Chao Phraya River’s west bank in Nonthaburi was the former residential area of his grandfather – the ruling prince of Nonthaburi, and his grandmother, but it was also the birthplace of Phra Sri Sulalai the Queen Dowager, so King Rama III proceeded there to performthe rite of laying the foundation stone of the chapel by himself. However, even before the construction was completed, the King then suffered from his illness.Consequently, he assigned his multifarious duties, especially those concerning temples, to Phraya Sri Suriyawong. 

Khaosan Road

Khaosan Road or Khao Sarn Road is a short street in central Bangkok, Thailand. It is located in the Banglamphu area of (Phra Nakhon district) about 1 km north of the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew.

 

“Khaosan” translates as “milled rice”, a reminder that in former times the street was a major Bangkok rice market. In the last 20 years, however, Khaosan Road has /developed into a world famous “backpacker ghetto”. It offers cheap accommodation, ranging from ‘mattress in a box’ style hotels to reasonably priced 3-star hotels.

 

Khaosan Road Khaosan Road

 

In an essay on the backpacker culture of Khaosan Road, Susan Orlean called it “The Place to Disappear.”[1] It is also a base of travel: coaches leave daily for all major tourist destinations in Thailand, from Chiang Mai in the North to Ko Pha Ngan in the South, and there are many relatively inexpensive travel agents who can arrange visas and transportion to the neighbouing countries of Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia, as well as Vietnam. 

 

Khaosan shops sell handcrafts, paintings, clothes, local fruits, pirated CDs, DVDs and second-hand books, plus many useful backpacker items. During the late evening, the streets turns into bars and music is played, salesmen sells barbecued insects which serves as an exotic snack for tourists and there are also local people making advertisment for ping pong shows. 

 

There are several pubs and bars, where backpackers meet to discuss their travels. The area is internationally known as a center of dancing, partying, and just prior to the traditional Thai New Year (Songkran festival) of 13 April to 15 April, water splashing that usually turns into a huge water fight. One Thai writer has described Khaosan as “a short road that has the longest dream in the world. 

 

A Buddhist temple under royal patronage, the centuries old Wat Chana Songkram, is directly opposite Khaosarn Road to the west, while the area to the northwest contains an Islamic community and several small mosques. 

The Grand Palace Bangkok

The Grand Palace has an area of 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls built in 1782. The length of the four walls is 1,900 metres. Within these walls are situated government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences.

 

When Siam restored law and order after the fall of Ayutthaya the monarch lived in Thonburi on the west side of the river. Rama I, on ascending the throne, moved the centre of administration to this side of the Chao Phraya; and, after erecting public monuments such as fortifications and monasteries, built a palace to serve not only as his residence but also his offices–the various ministries, only one of which remains in the palace walls.

 

This palace came to be known as the Grand Palace, in which the earliest edifices contemporary with the foundation of Bangkok were the two groups of residences named the Dusit Maha Prasat and the Phra Maha Monthian. 

Wat Arun Ratchawararam

Wat Arun is a Buddhist temple in the Bangkok Yai district of Bangkok, Thailand, on the Thonburi west bank of the Chao Phraya River. The temple derives its name from the Hindu god Aruna, often personified as the radiations of the rising sun and full name of the temple is given by Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan Wat Arun is among the best known of Thailand’s landmarks and the first light of the morning reflects off the surface of the temple with pearly iridescence.Although the temple had existed since at least the seventeenth century, its distinctive prang (spires) were built in the early nineteenth century during the reign of King Rama II.

 

A Buddhist temple had existed at the site of Wat Arun since the time of the Ayutthaya Kingdom. It was then known as Wat Makok, after the village of Bang Makok in which it was situated. (Makok is the Thai name for the Spondias pinnata plant) According to the historian Prince Damrong Rajanubhab, the temple was shown in French maps during the reign of King Narai (1656–1688). The temple was renamed Wat Chaeng by King Taksin when he established his new capital of Thonburi near the temple, following the fall of Ayutthaya.[3] It is believed that Taksin vowed to restore the temple after passing it at

 

The temple enshrined the Emerald Buddha image before it was transferred to Wat Phra Kaew on the river’s eastern bank in 1785.The temple was located in grounds of the royal palace during Taksin’s reign, before his successor, Rama I, moved the palace to the other side of the river. It was abandoned for a long period of time until Rama II, who restored the temple and extended the pagoda to 70m. 

 

Yaowarat, China town

Yaowarat Road in Samphanthawong district is home to Bangkok’s Chinatown, which is centred on Sam Pheng Lane Chinatown’s Sam Peng Market is an old business centre noted for a post-WW II visit by the young king Ananda Mahidol.[1] Modern Chinatown now covers a large area around Yaowarat and Charoen Krung Road. There are many small streets and alleys full of shops and vendors selling all types of goods. It has been the main centre for trading by the Chinese community since they moved from their old site some 200 years ago to make way for the construction of Wat Phra Kaew, the Grand Palace. Nearby is the Phahurat or Indian market, and the area is bordered by the Chao Phraya River to the south. Yaowarat Road is also well known for its sheer variety of food, and at night turns into a large “food street” that draws tourists and locals from all over the city.

 

Yaowarat, China town Yaowarat, China town 

 

chinatown is located in one of the oldest areas of Bangkok. It represents the resettlement of Chinese on the Western bank of Chao Phraya river after Rama I moved the capital of the kingdom from Thonburi to Rattanakosin. From there Chinese traders operated maritime junk trade between (Siam) and China throughout the Rattanakosin period.[2] By the end of 1891, King Rama V had ordered the construction of many roads, including Yaowarat Road. Chinatown does not consist of only Yaowarat Road, but also includes others such as: Charoen Krung Road, Mungkorn Road, Songwat Road, Songsawat Road, Chakkrawat Road, etc. Yaowarat’s Sam Peng Market is the center of the area. The path of the road is said to resemble a dragon’s curvy body, making it an auspicious location for business. There are many shops selling gold, garments, textiles, stationery, souvenirs, second-hand parts and equipment, electric goods, computer parts, antiques, imported musical instruments and local delicacies.

 

Land prices around Yaowarat Road have always been one of the most expensive in Bangkok and Thailand due to limited land which is mostly owned by prominent Thai-Chinese families who are often leaders in their respective industries. 

Chatuchak Weekend Market

Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok is the largest market in Thailand and the world’s largest weekend market. Frequently called J.J., it covers over 35 acres (0.14 km²) and contains upwards of 15,000 stalls. It is estimated that the market receives 200,000 visitors each day.Most stalls only open on Saturdays and Sundays though Jatujak Plaza, the western section is open daily. In the north west corner is the J.J. Mall, with three floors of assorted oddments as well as eateries.

 

Chatuchak Weekend Market Chatuchak Weekend Market

 

The market offers a wide variety of products including household items, clothing, Thai handicrafts, religious artifacts, collectibles, foods, and live animals. For tourists, there are a number of onsite companies who will send purchases abroad. Tourists also find Chatuchak a prominent place to find skilled Thai iced tea makers practicing their trade. 

 

Chatuchak Market owes its origin to Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram, the late prime minister of Thailand (1938–1944, 1948–1957), who came up with the idea of setting up a flea market in every town. As a result, the first flea market in Bangkok was held at Sanam Luang and was called Sanam Luang flea Market. However, there was time when the place was needed for other special functions and the flea market was then relocated to Saranrom Palace and settled there for 8 years. After that, it was moved again to Sanam Chai. But because of the limited space, it had to be moved back to Sanam Luang. In the same year, the government issued a policy to turn Sanam Luang into a public park for citizens of Bangkok and to be the venue to celebrate 200-year-anniversary of Bangkok, which would be held in 1982. Thus, it was decided that the flea market would be held at the Phahonyothin area from then on and it is later called Chatuchak Market after the nearby park under the same name. Until about 1995 the walkways were open to the sky and also to the rain. They then covered the walkways which stopped the rain in the rainy season, but also made the walkways hotter than before. 

 

In recent years the market has gained considerable notice among conservationists and the World Wildlife Fund; Chatuchak has become a notorious hub for trafficking illegal and endangered species, notably in the north west corner of the market which is all but isolated from the rest of the market. This activity was covered on CNN’s “Planet in Peril” series. Despite publicity, Thai law is rarely able to pursue a course of action in preventing the illegal trade as it would just go underground elsewhere. 

Muang Nonthaburi District

The area of both banks of Chao Phraya and its many connecting canals the natural way of living by the riverside used to be the residential place of King Rama III, having many important monasteries and historical places, the old city hall with unique architectural beauty, Fiat vintages collection source, Kanchanaphisek Park of outstanding water – park, it is an agricultural tourist city, visiting old style orchards, taste the most delicious Nonthaburi durian and the nursery of varieties and species of flowers and decorative plants.